Saturday, February 28, 2009

fun fun for everyone!

Just when I thought "Yes, we made it through cold & flu season..." The little guy started to choke on his medicine. I have to mix the newest one with water, and he can't seem to handle the "thin" consistency. So, he sputtered and spattered and I continued to force it down the hatch.

Less than 36 hours later, I was driving him to good 'ole Lutheran General Hospital. He had developed a case of Aspiration Pneumonia, with 2 (yes, TWO) cold viruses, and a high fever in tow. Thankfully, the pneum was caught VERY early, and the fever subsided overnight.

We have been here for 3 days and 3 nights this time. He's had multiple breathing treatments, a slew of meds, some pricks, pokes, and tons of fun setting off the monitor for 5 1/2 hours straight (no exaggeration). Right now he's trying to figure out how to unhook his lead while standing straight up against the bars of his crib. At least he'll come home with some new tricks to keep us on our toes!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that, and seriously the winter's so close to being over! Well thank God you caught it fast. I'm sorry I didn't see this post until today for some reason. We'll be praying that you all stay healthy going forward!