Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One more time for the man in blue...

Oh little Noah...child of mine...sweet little darling..you love to drive mommy bonkers...yum, bonkers...

Yesterday morning I had a serious case of De'Ja'Vu (however you spell that). My munchkin began waking up and whine/grunting at 2 am. He whined/grunted his way into the wee hours of daylight, and then began to whine/grunt/cough. I say DJV because this exact order of events occured three weeks ago when the stinker wound up in the ER with pneumonia...

And here we are again, our favorite top of the line children's hospital. Tonight is night 2. This time he managed to pick up the RSV virus, in addition to viral pneumonia. Like I said "oh, child of mine."

He's already an active little guy, so when they decided to pump him full of steroids and breathing treatments every 2 hours, I couldn't have been more overjoyed. I mean, who wouldn't want their baby to ingest the equivalent of a double espresso every 90 minutes??

Yes, I am being sarcastic- I'm actually SO glad I have the opportunity to spend these visits with him (as opposed to having to work, or whatever and leave him by himself).

Long story short, we both are good, neither of us have slept more than 4 hours in the last 36, but he's getting his last dose of "baby coffee" as we speak. My pillow's lookin extra cozy and I'll keep you all updated. He is still smiley and happy as ever, he just sounds like he's drowning when he breathes. (My friend used that to describe when HER son had RSV- it is a very accurate description). Love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Erin the Librarian said...

Hang in there, Kelly Belly! We're praying for you. Kisses to Noah!

Anonymous said...

Love you guys too! Hope you're both feeling better! xoxo

Donna said...

Uggghh! I'm sorry to hear that! You guys are all real champs and I'm praying for a speedy recovery!