Tuesday, April 28, 2009

r u serious

So, last might I made lasagna for the first time ever. It was delicious. I went to buy some ricotta cheese, but reading the label confused me. Who would want a "sweet dessert cheese" in their lasagna? Weird. Next I went to check out the Feta. Can you believe that a dinky little 4 oz container cost 6 dollars??!!! What?! It must have come from a pristine baby llama or something. So, I settled for good ole Mozzarella. Again, the outcome was "yum," so whatever.

I must say that I will be glad to leave behind the Jewel prices. A bag of Doritos was on sale for almost 4 dollars. No wonder we've been so broke...

Here's a list of things that I will not miss about Chicagoland:
-the worst and longest rush hour I have ever seen in 28 years (sunup to sundown)
-people honking at me to "DRIVE!" b4 the light even turns green
-the sun setting at 4pm in the winter
-the -20 windchill
-afforementioned prices at the Jewel/Osco

Here's a list of things that I will dearly miss about Chicagoland:
-Donna and Laura-these ladies are like kin to me, even though I never actually SEE them
-The Mt. Prospect library
-A park every mile or so
-A great job w/ a very understanding boss
-The mile long lake that is across the street from my apt. building (perfect for runs that I rarely go on.)
-The view from my balcony
-random glimpses that I catch of the Sear's Tower in the distance...
-an outstanding public trasnportation system (that I NEVER use, but it's nice to have options)

Motor City or Bust!!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

:o( I am going to really miss you guys! Even though we never see each other here. But we never really had a full summer to hang out so it wasn't fair! :o) But we will DEFINITELY come visit you and you can show us the tour of YOUR hometown. And then you have to come back and visit us too. Ok? And keep blogging so I can pretend you are still here. :o)

Erin the Librarian said...

What!?!?!? Are you guys coming back to the lovely land of Michigan? We may get to meet dear Noah? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karla Brzak said...

Kelly, the cheap version of ricotta cheese is cottage cheese. You can spread a thin layer in between noodle layers and wa-la. It will save you about five bucks. Oh, and... ARE YOU REALLY MOVING BACK? Who else knows about this? I miss you! Today is my last day of college. Can you believe it? My graduation day is May 29th will you be in town?

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Yes, it's true people...
1. We are moving back
2. I will dearly miss Donna and the guys
2. My cousin will get to meet my son
3. my sister knows lots about cooking (mostacholi supreme!!!)