Thursday, January 15, 2009

Peter Cottontail

There's this children's song about a rabbit named Peter Cottontail... Perhaps you've heard it? If not, never fear! I will write the lyrics here for you to enjoy. First, you must know that I make up my own lyrics when I'm not sure how a song goes, or if I don't like certain words.

I remembered this song on a whim last spring. We were driving up to visit Noah at about 3am and saw this cute little bunny jumping around in the bushes. Wow, what a lengthy intro, I'm sure the suspense is just about killing you. So, without further ado,

"Here comes Peter Cottontail,
hoppin' down the bunny trail,
hippity hoppity hoppin all the way!
Hoppin bunnies hand in hand,
hoppin all across the land,
hippity hoppity hoppin all the way!"

I wish I could sing it to you, because it is VERY fun to sing over and over (and over again). I like to sing it when I am nannying.

Speaking of rabbits, these kids love, and I mean LOVE them some carrots. I boiled a batch for the 1 yr. old to try and the 3 yr. old snatched them up and ate them off the little guy's highchair. Then a different day, I handed the 3 yr. old a handful to "give these to your brother please." He shoveled them into his mouth en route to the highchair and the 1 yr old ended up with one half of one carrot.

Strange, I thought kids were supposed to hate their veggies. The first time I fed them to my son, I said to my cousin "Noah's about to try carrots for the first time. Perhaps I'll get a carrot facial." she responded "DEFINITELY a possibility...at least it will be good for your eyes."

Here's some pics of my little cottontail enjoying 3 (count 'em THREE!!!) baby food containers of the orange mushy goodness.



(in this one, he just finished knocking the spoon and the container of carrots onto the floor)


("FEEEEEEED ME, Daddy!")


("Uhhhh, I think I'm gonna barf")



Oh yeah, and one more little tidbit: I bought some baby carrots tonight and boiled them and mixed them in the blender. Then I filled all the empty baby food containers with the mush and stacked them in the fridge. Hm. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (to "make my own baby food."). However, did I loose all the nutrients in the water? Oh well, Peter will still gobble them up, I'm sure!

No comments: