Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well, EGGSCUSE ME!!!!!

So, really. Has it come to this? I know we're all about conserving and cutting costs and all, but this is absolutely ridiculous!!

I went into the gas station to buy some gallons at $2.14 a pop, and my eyes beheld a fantastic sight!! The Cadbury Creme Egg "station" is back!! I love, and I mean LOVE those things. I don't even want to imagine what I'm actually ingesting into my body when I eat them, but that's beside the point.

So I investigate to see if they have the Snickers kind-which are almost as good as original. They don't so I grab a beauty-ful blue, red and yellow aluminum egg and go to pay. The guy's like "If you buy 2, you save 50 cents." Talk about a steal!!!!Actually, I just heard the "buy two" part. He could have said "Buy two for $5.00" and it would have been fine by me. (There is no exaggeration when I say the things make me drool. profusely.)

As I'm walking back to get an egg compadre, I notice that this egg seems kinda skimpy. I comment on it and the guy's like "Yeah, I noticed that, too." He proceeds to ring me up for, like, $1.39 or something outrageous like that.

I look down at the pair and it hits me that the two combined are not as big as I remember one being. What are they, selling chocolate JELLYBEANS now??!!! I am sadly disappointed as I walk to my car "weighing" my purchases in each hand. There can't possibly be enough of that confectious-sugar artificial asbestos filling to satisfy my craving-this is a travesty!

Seriously, didn't the eggs used to be 50 cents each? The thing that gets me the most is that the company is so cheap they're using the same size wrappers and they're all big and crunchy-looking around that teeny, tiny, ripoff, cheapskates, oozy, mouth-watering, cadbury bunny/chicken noises, yummy, delicious, indulgent, oh so delightful...ok, ok, I'm a sucker for cavities, what more can I say?

PS If you see any of the Snickers ones, get me some-I'll pay you back with interest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you also notice that they are using the same commercial from ten years ago where other animals, like a lion and a chicken, try to act like a bunny?

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Cheapos!! I tell you what...