Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kids raising Kids

This phenomenon just is mind boggling to me. C and I were driving up 9 mile and we saw a couple and a baby. The female was snuggled up to the male, who had one arm draped protectively over her shoulders and the other arm cradling the baby to his hip. They could not have been older than 13. 14 tops, but that's a stretch.

I instantly want to get judgemental and blame. Blame the parents (where the heck were they at while their children were fornicating?), blame the education system (nice idea to CUT health ed classes), the kids themselves (um, condoms anyone? Oh yeah, YOU ARE 12 YEARS OLD AND SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX!!!), the media (objectify women, butts, boobs, sex, etc...which brings me to the next point of beef). Truth is, the Bible said this would happen. Each generation will get worse and worse until the coming of the Lord. At least these kids were trying to play grown up "the right way." No abortion and they seem to be in it together. My heart really goes out to them, but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Next point of beef: Boobs. Why is it totally okay for men to ogle a female (of practically any age) who is wearing a low cut shirt and push up bra, but I get flack from grown up individuals about breastfeeding my baby in public. I have literally heard it referenced as "gross." ????????????????? Now that's some serious perversion on a large scale!!!!!

2 comments:

KatiShaw said...

let your saggy boobies breath baby!!!

Stacey said...

Life is crazy. Have you seen the show 16 and pregnant on MTV? I watch it online after Josiah goes to bed, and I LOVE it. They show what its really like having a baby.

In other news, I don't know who Josiah's teach is yet. I hope to soon! First day of center was okay. Josiah was throwing his normal fits, and I feel like the staff there was talking down to us the whole time we were there. We shall see how this next week goes.