Monday, December 1, 2008

Time-Out

I am reminded today to take a time-out to praise God!! For any of you who are non-believers, I encourage you to read on anyways. Fight any urge you may have to turn the other cheek at the mention of the name of Jesus. He is AMAZING!!!

I know that Christianity has acquired a bad rep, especially in my own generation. Lots of people feel like the church is, and Christians are judgemental, hypocritical and the like. But I am here to tell you (judgemental church, or not) that Jesus Christ is Lord!! He is loving and gracious and I would not be where I am today without Him. I am BLESSED!!!

It's not that I'm a millionaire, or blessed in a material sense. No, no! I have not won the lottery, or bought a new car, or found a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk (darn!). It actually seems to be quite the opposite. We have been through a crazy and horrible experience. We are far far away from our families, lost jobs and a home, haven't been to our church in almost a year, receive about 10 calls a day from bill collectors, and yet I am at peace. For the first time in my entire life, I am at peace.

Not the "Zen" or "Buddhist" or "Hippie" peace I used to proclaim, but a truely deep sense of peace. I KNOW that everything is okay. I know that I will continue to be taken care of, that my needs will be met if I just focus on the Lord. That He will continue to provide for my family. That my marriage is a blessing and He will help our love to flourish. I am learning that the deepest needs, and the best blessings are spiritual. And I just want to take time to Praise God for this. Now if only I COULD find that hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk (just kidding-though it would be nice!!!).

If you are a believer, I pray that God continue to show you His truths. I pray that you are strengthened by the fact that He loves you so much!! I pray that Jesus continues to change and shine in your heart! If you are not a believer, than I hope and pray that you do not allow the rep of the church to give Jesus a bad rep as well. Listen to the deepest part of your heart, and you will know that He is there. My pastor reminded me; "Church is not a showcase for saints, but a hospital for sinners." I just want you all to know that Jesus is AMAZING! (I think I already said that...) Have a blessed day no matter who you are!

Oh yes, and remember to search the scriptures. This is the one I found yesterday "...for I am with you and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken." -Jeremiah 1:19 Probably helps to explain the peace!!

No comments: