Friday, December 12, 2008

Work it out...

I was talking to my friend earlier today, and telling her about joining the gym. There was a 2 for 1 special and we couldn't resist. The gym is open 24/7 (which means I can boast about it, but will probably never go after 4 pm). It also offers day care for $1 per hour (too bad I'll never use that feature, either). I will however, utilize the stationary bike.

I LOVE the stationary bike. It is the lazyman's dream for working out. You are sitting on your butt and there is a TV 1 1/2 feet from your face. How hard can that be? If you want to actually work up a sweat, there are handlebars on the sides of you, so you don't even need to lift your arms. You can grab on, grit your teeth, and go for it!

So, I ran out to the store to get diapers and realized that I still had 25 minutes b4 my husband had to leave for work. I made a very committed decision: I drove up the street to the gym, jumped out of the car, ran to the door, swiped my super-cool membership card, looked at the clock, beelined for the bike, jumped on, grabbed the handlebars, and pedaled like a MADWOMAN!!! There was an older man on the bike next to me, and I think he barely found the pedals by the time I had cycled 3 miles! I jumped off the bike, eyed the clock, grabbed the sanitizer, wiped the bike down, returned the sanitizer and bolted for the car.

I was very sweaty and very proud to have burned all those calories in only 14 minutes. On the way home, I grabbed a Snickers bar to celebrate! I can't wait to do it again the next time Noah needs diapers.

No comments: